Saturday, November 15, 2008

Here I sit

Well, here I sit with Addilyn finally asleep in her bed and Zac passed out in the recliner. Poor guy has been running a fever and not feeling well all day. His fight to feel like a real person, instead of a sick ol' man, lies in his recliner. I think he feels like he has given up if he goes to bed. No harm, no foul--I'll let the man sleep there!



Addilyn is getting so big. The girl is up to 15 lbs 8 oz!! Apparently we are doing things right. She is just a few days shy of 3 months..this time has gone so fast! And for those that read my earlier blog about my worries and fears about leaving her with a babysitter, she and I are great! We have a wonderful lady watching her, and Addilyn doesn't seem resentful towards me yet. It is nice when I pick her up that she recognizes my voice and smiles when she sees me!! I mean I still don't like to leave her, but the reaction she gives me makes up for any guilt I may feel during the day!


Speaking of the day, if you hear of a 3rd grade teacher going to prison for spanking her students--just think of me. (; I have a pretty tough class this year! I hate to say it but I have to tell myself to be positive towards these children. And that task is a lot harder than one might think with these sweet, little children. Pray for me ;)

I hear the sweet cries of my child coming from the other room. I am going to comfort her and then convince my husband to come to bed.

2 comments:

Kerri and Cody said...

love the picture of her sucking her thumb.. so sweet!

Michelle C said...

Cute pictures!!