Sunday, September 14, 2008

Well today, was a tough one for Daddy, being away from his little girl for the first time...Yes i know that many of you more experienced parents have NO Problem with this but it was more the awkwardness of not having those certain elements disrupt my night that i am quickly becoming used to. I am currently in Columbia, MO and this afternoon will be heading to KC, MO for meetings. I really don't care to be away from Amanda and Addi. I sat last night at the corporate party thinking to myself how when i was single and "on my own" this hardy party thing was what i lived for...what was i thinking (or what am I thinking)? Even with all the celebrities and musicians and co-workers, and, and, and...I sent Amanda a text saying how this really kinda sucked and how it really sucked being alone. I thought about what a blessing I have been given and sometimes it takes times like that to help us see them. I know that it was also raining like crazy, I was tired and many other wo-is-me stuff but, sometimes "through small and simple things...". I will be heading home most likely Tuesday night and picking the girls up along the way.
So new topic we are preparing to have our 2nd Annual Halloween bash and i really think its going to blow away last year's party!! We have planned more people and better setting and funner games. For those wondering we had a HUGE Halloween party last year and it went very well, so this year, after everyone has asked, we are going to have another. Also we have set the date for blessing Addilyn. We will be doing this on the 12th of October. We hope everyone can come...
Well, i guess this is officially the longest post thus far, so i will end on this last note. Addilyn is growing bigger and we see the changes daily. We really are blessed to have a very healthy baby. We are thankful everyday and want to thank everyone that has helped us get into the swing of being parents, everyone that brought us gifts and meals when Amanda needed to have focus on Addilyn. Thank You, we love all of you dearly.

1 comment:

tracyp said...

I think it's great that you missed your girls, I would be sad if you didn't at all.... However I'm sorry that you had to leave them. I wish I had a kickin' Halloween party to go to also.. I expect pictures!!!