Thursday, July 31, 2008


Just when you think you have a good idea, Life teaches you funny things. we thought that we had found the perfect paint for the dining room. See we wanted something bold and with a reddish tint to it and so we found this discount paint ... Yeah we did, we bought it. we painted and well WHAMMO! here is what we came out with. I know you must be hoping that we don't leave it. We already bought the cover-up/right color/more expensive paint. When we get that done Saturday morning i will post the finished project. I promise. Don't you love the streaks?

2 comments:

cmontroy said...

don't be too discouraged by the color. i love to paint with red, but it takes a lot of patience. i have this deep red in my kitchen and i had to first do three coats of a tinted primer to get the wall darker and then six coats of the red. i had to paint one coat let it dry and then do another untill it got dark enough to the color i wanted and not the magenta that it first showed. it depends on the base of the color too, this one was a translucent base so it was vertually clear and layer after layer made it darker and more true to color. another red i did had a normal base to it so i only did three coats, that was better but red takes a lot of work. good luck!!!

tracyp said...

I LOVE THE BRIGHT RED! However, I had the same problem when I painted a wall a deep merlot color in my house. I had two coats of tinted primer and 3 coats of paint but I really need a 4th. However since I'm hanging pictures on the wall I decided I could be lazy and stop! I'm so excited to see pics of Lil' Addy!
By the way do you have pics of the nursery?